MADISON, N.J. (May 12, 2022) -- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC announced today the affiliation of Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Special Properties based in Green Lake, Wis., which expands the brand’s service area into South Central Wisconsin.
The boutique brokerage is led by Jeff Shadick and Sarah Loberg, who became owners in 2018. Currently celebrating its 30th anniversary, the firm was founded in 1992 by Lynn Grout, who soon hired Shadick to work with her for the next 16 years. During this time, the firm became highly regarded for its extensive expertise in luxury lakefront real estate. In 2004, Loberg joined the firm to augment the focus on lakefront clientele by specializing in farm properties and acreage sales, as well as primary residences for first-time, move-up and downsizing clients.
The company’s service area encompasses Green Lake, Ripon, Princeton, Berlin, Markesan, Montello, Oshkosh, Fond du Lac and Wautoma. Green Lake and the surrounding region, centrally located between Milwaukee, Green Bay and Madison, and a three-hour drive from Chicago, offers residents a quaint, small-town allure. It is also well-known as a popular second home market for affluent Chicagoans and an attractive location for people who enjoy lake living and the outdoors.
● Shadick and Loberg intend to continue recruiting growth-minded professionals to the firm and believe these efforts will be fortified by their enhanced value proposition as a Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate affiliated company.
● Agents will have a strong competitive advantage with access to unique design and lifestyle content and resources to help them stay connected and remain relevant before, during and after the real estate transaction.
● Agents will be drawn to the vast array of business-building tools, products, and resources the brand offers including the MoxiWorks product suite, which will support increased agent productivity, enhance the client experience and drive efficiencies.
● PinPointSM, the proprietary BHGRE® brand tool that taps into consumer behavior data from Better Homes & Gardens magazine and its publisher Dotdash, Meredith’s customer database of more than 175 million consumers, will play a significant role in supporting client acquisition for the company’s affiliated agents.
● Agents will be well-positioned for increased productivity with access to Be Better® University, the brand’s proven professional development and award-winning learning platform. Courses are available to affiliated brokers and agents across various topics, from luxury certification to productivity training, technology, and skill development. Classes and workshops are offered live, virtually and on-demand.
● Community involvement is a major focus for the firm, which supports local schools, the arts, and environmental efforts, including Thrasher Opera House, the Green Lake Conservancy and the Boys and Girls Club.
● Realtor.com reports that the median sale price for a home in Green Lake is $299,000. According to Shadick, lakefront properties can range in price from $400,000 to $5 million.
“Jeff and Sarah have built an impressive position in a desirable market, often referred to as the Hamptons of Chicago, known for its stunning waterfront properties and lake lifestyle in a community with a small-town feel. Not only have they leveraged their deeply ingrained local knowledge of their market, but their vision of strategic growth has helped to cement their impressive reputation in their community. Their honest approach, collaborative nature and strong work ethic make them positive role models for their agents and a great addition to the Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate network. We look forward to partnering with Jeff and Sarah to help them continue to strengthen and expand their business.”
- Sherry Chris, President & CEO, Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate
“Staying ahead of technology and training is a constant struggle for an independent firm. As we looked to fortify our position outside of Green Lake, we knew we needed a partner for the long-term to help us scale our operations and expand our service area. As we approached the firm’s 30th anniversary, we thought marking this major milestone with our affiliation with Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate was fitting to signal our commitment to growth for the next 30 years while staying true to our culture. We believe the allure of the most well-known lifestyle brand will really resonate with both clients and agents as we look to attract growth-minded professionals to the firm.”
- Jeff Shadick, Broker/Co-Owner, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Special Properties
“We are thrilled to provide our agents with the advantage that comes from being aligned with the only lifestyle brand in the real estate landscape. Our affiliation with Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate will provide a competitive edge that will elevate our business and provide a platform for growth and expansion. Our agents will be excited about the many opportunities for professional development, the brand’s core values of authenticity and inclusion, the robust technology platform and access to a greatly expanded network.”
-Sarah Loberg, Broker/Co-Owner, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Special Properties
About Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC is a dynamic real estate brand that offers a full range of services to brokers, sales associates and home buyers and sellers. Using innovative technology, sophisticated business systems and the broad appeal of a lifestyle brand, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC embodies the future of the real estate industry while remaining grounded in the tradition of home. Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC is a subsidiary of Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), a global leader in real estate franchising and provider of real estate brokerage, relocation, and settlement services.
The growing Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate network includes more than 12,490 independent sales associates and approximately 400 offices serving home buyers and sellers across the United States, Canada, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Australia, and New Zealand.
Better Homes & Gardens® is a registered trademark of Meredith Operations Corporation licensed to Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC and used with permission. Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC fully supports the principles of the Fair Housing Act and the Equal Opportunity Act. Each office is independently owned and operated.